SOLD OUT Bisley .45 Colt MASSIVE SERIAL CLEARANCE Build Guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunsbam69

Hunter
Guys, I have 3 factory new stainless Bisleys in .45 Colt with MASSIVE serial clearance and STRAIGHT EVEN numbers :!: When I say MASSIVE serial number clearance, I mean they can be converted to .500 Linebaugh or whatever 1.780" diameter cylinder and the serial number will still retain normal position, AND it's straight and even. They're ALL nice clean guns to boot.

$579 shipped is the price on them. .45 Colt cylinder only on these.

Please shoot me a PM if you want one whether you post on the board for it or not.

I am an FFL dealer. Prices listed are cash discount for payment via cashier's check or money order. Visa, Mastercard & Discover are accepted for customer convenience with an additional 3% charge to cover processing fees from the card company.

OKLAHOMA RESIDENTS MUST PAY 5.75% SALES TAX IN ADDITION TO LISTED PRICE :cry:

I have many other fine, collectible, and just plain practical and packable Ruger revolvers for sale. I am a Freedom Arms dealer as well, and am glad to give you a quote. I believe you'll find my Freedom Arms pricing real tough to beat.

gunsbam69

Hunter
Will go ahead and get these running on GB tomorrow, but still have them at the moment if anybody on here needs one.

tinman

Buckeye
Ain't looking for a technical description here, just a bit of info for those of us that may be a bit less knowledgeable. What does "massive serial clearance" and "straight even numbers" mean?
Also, is there a website for gunsbam69 ?

He is talking about the amount of space from the top of the serial number to the bottom of the cylinder window. If you want to have a custom 5 shot or oversized 6 shot cylinder made and have to open up the cylinder window you need to make sure you have enough clearance between the top of the serial number and where you want the bottom of the cylinder window to be so you do not get into the serial number. Sometimes Ruger stamps these numbers with some being higher than others and if that one number is too close to the cinder opening, you can not use the gun for the oversized cylinder. Mr. Bowen says there needs to be a minimum of .030" from the top of the serial number to the bottom of the factory cylinder window to use a gun for a custom with the oversized cylinder.

tinman

Buckeye
Cool, thank you.....I try real hard to learn something new every day. That took care of Monday...... 8)

gunsbam69

Hunter
Yip, what Robb said. For some reason, for the last several years, getting a stainless large frame Bisley with serial number placement that's straight at all, and without at least one of the numbers being stamped almost IN the cylinder window has been a real headache. I order several in at a time hoping ONE will work, and most of the time I get ZERO and start over. I got THREE of the cleanest, nicest Bisleys I've seen for a LONG, LONG time out of an order the other day, and the serial placement is STRAIGHT and there is MORE than double the required space needed for a conversion. That has NEVER happened before for me on Stainless Bisleys, thus the to do about serial number placement etc.

tinman

Buckeye
That makes all kinds of sense. Just was not familiar with the terms used.
Now, since your relatively close to me, do you have a website? How do I find out what you have in stock? :?:

Hello sir. Great! I finally found you. I PMed you on gunbroker. Trying to get one of these. I just had some questions prior to buying.

I have an FFL

Please PM me. Thanks!