SPF Lettered Brassie with box and papers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
This is a factory brass grip framed gun with box and letter from Ruger. $1450 now $1400 shipped
image.jpg4_zpsca9tsnz5.jpg

26e164ae-7003-4cee-b7d6-4e00d522b6ca_zps6ds9ideg.jpg

image.jpg7_zps4czedsep.jpg

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
bigbore45colt said:
Heliman said:
I vaguely remember this..... 8)

Dave

So do i! :p

It is a very nice gun, and a great, hard-to-find, package.

bb45c
and I forgot to mention it also includes a hand written note from John Dougan on the back of one of BB45C's business cards :)

bigbore45colt

Hunter
I can't believe that this is still here. I remember this gun well. I found it laying on a table at the Tulsa show back in 2005/2006. I was in line at the food stand to grab a bite to eat at lunch, happened to look over the tables on either side of me, and saw it laying there.

John Dougan was in the process of writing his great book, The Vintage Years, and had recently spent time at Ruger going through the records. The night before, at the banquet, he had told me that he had all of the brass frame records, including the Supers, which were impossible to get to letter back then.

I bought it, and he looked up the serial number and confirmed its authenticity. The only thing I had on me was a business card so he signed it to confirm the authenticity.

Once his book was published, at least while they were still doing letters, Ruger was using John's book to authenticate brassies. Made the process much, much easier!!

This is a great gun, and a great package. Someone needs to add this to their collection!

BB45C