Colt Early 2nd Gen New Frontier .45 Colt SOLD

Help Support Ruger Forum:

reconciler

Single-Sixer
The gun was manufactured in 1962 and is very nice example of a relatively scarce 5.5 barrel .45 Colt New Frontier. I sent the gun to Bob Munden for his basic trigger job. It does have some handling wear and a scratch on the underside of the barrel from someone trying to remove the base pin? Please PM with any questions. $1695.00 shipped. NOW $1450.00 SOLD

Oregon45

Single-Sixer
dixie884 said:
I don't guess you have slugged the cylinder throats?

I think the target speaks for itself. The bullet indicated in the load details, the Oregon Trail 250gr RNFP, measures .452".

If I weren't buying a house this one would have already been on the way to Oregon... if it lasts much longer I may have to convince my wife to consider it part of the closing costs! :D

cubrock

Blackhawk
Yeah - that target takes away all doubt with the gun. Must....resist....

dixie884

Blackhawk
I'm glad someone pulled the trigger. By the way I purchased a .44 New Frontier from Reconciler last year. He is a good guy, and a good seller...

Hillbilly Jim

Bearcat
Well I guess I did not get this Colt as I have not been contacted by reconciler. Looked like a great buy and a fun gun to have to shoot.
Wished I had it.

Cholo

Staff member
Hillbilly Jim, send him another PM asking for clarification. It might still be yours, or it might have been sold to someone else on this Forum or another forum (or whatever) before your "If shipped from an FFL I will take it". Good luck!