I WAS SCAMMED PLS B CAREFUL

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
9x19 said:
Xsales said:
Lonnie said:
With the great expansion of online shopping I really don't understand why one of the big banks hasn't created some sort of secure transaction service. It wouldn't be all that hard to set up, and the banks would profit from collecting the interest on funds that they hold, or charge a small fee.

In short, if I was buying something, I would place the funds into the bank where they would be held until I receive my goods. Upon receipt confirmation the funds are then transferred to the seller. How hard could that be???

Its called http://www.Escrow.com

Can put most anything in escrow and when both parties accept - everything xfers
Never needed them but I wonder if/how they want possession of the firearm

Unless they are an FFL, they couldn't legally receive (even for overnight) any firearms from out of state.

Irrelevant I expect.

Lonnie's is an excellent tactic w/o even having to use it. By mere mention of requiring an escrow service before sending money, I suspect will kill the deal if a scam, and thereby the sellers will self-expose themselves as scammers!

Something anyone can use when a scam is suspected.

Loretta, Tn is in Lawrence County on the Alabama line. The phone # is from Athens, Tn in East Tn. The phone number is through Broadlink. Yep sounds real fishy to me!
gramps

mat523

Single-Sixer
I admit that I am a sucker and he got me. It won't bother me as much though, as long as no one else on this forum gets burned. Spread the word that the bottom feeders are here too

As I said before... where in this post is it 'proved' that the scammer is from TN.... I suspect and would bet that he or she is not..... I'm pretty sure when you wire someone money they can pick it up just about at any wester union or what ever is located.

6gun

Hunter
blume357 said:
As I said before... where in this post is it 'proved' that the scammer is from TN.... I suspect and would bet that he or she is not..... I'm pretty sure when you wire someone money they can pick it up just about at any wester union or what ever is located.

Exactly what I was thinking, scammer's lie about their location, he may not even be located in this country.

pbslinger

Single-Sixer
WTBs are ripe for scammers. I posted WTB gunsmithing books on S&W forum once and got a reply from a guy from Florida. It set a red flag when I asked him if he wanted to trade diamond target stocks as partial payment. He didn't know what they were. I pulled out of the deal and he sicced a Nigerian scammer on me.

Xsales

Buckeye
Here is the exact same person aka SCAMMER described in another forum

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?395158-Beware-of-this-fraud-thief-on-Gunboards

Seems like this Nigerian sure do make the rounds

Lonnie

Bearcat
9x19 said:
Unless they are an FFL, they couldn't legally receive (even for overnight) any firearms from out of state.

That's just it, the transaction site would do nothing more than shuttle funds. Let's say I am selling a rifle and someone else wants to buy it. Using this sort of service he would deposit the funds in the service and I would be notified when the funds are there. As soon as I know that payment has been made, I then ship the rifle. As soon as the buyer receives the rifle the funds are then released to me. No FFL would be needed as far as the money aspect goes.

6gun

Hunter
I know Armslist has it share of scammer's, saw one on there today, he had 3 different pictures of what he called a WWII German pistol I don't know what kind of pistol the first two pictures were but they both had black plastic grips, the third picture was a Luger with wood checkered grips and Luger rear sight completely different gun than the first two pictures.

A while back anytime I posted a WTB on Armslist add some scammer would reply with I have that gun, I would ask for pictures and he would claim the gun is in Florida so he couldn't take pictures :roll: same scammer another time claim he was a poor veteran just moved to a retirement home and couldn't have guns there so he couldn't take pictures, I asked questions about the gun and he had to ask what kind of gun was that again? :roll: then claimed he had the gun I wanted in Florida . :roll:

44horse

Bearcat
One other thing that might work. I saw a revolver on armslist and made a deal with the guy but said my FFL needed his FFL's information as he would not accept from an individual and I would like to have that in place before I sent money. All I got was a run around and he stopped communicating. Took me a while to figure it out. It might cost a few more bucks to ship it that way, but most LGS's can use the business and it could save you in the long run.

Heavy Barrel

Single-Sixer
If I buy on this or any forum,believe me,I'll check you out and everyone that I can find that you have dealt with one way or the other.If you buy from me,I'll give you any info you want including my wifes even though she may not approve ! :roll:

As for this,I would have been skeptical at the start ,especially with the email address and wording.

/Quote.

Hi,

I can help you out with a lead. Please contact Timothy on [email protected] regarding your request. He is located in Loretto, Tennessee,38469 and the last time i talked to him, he had for sale. I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in TOP condition. His cell # 423-453-3937.

Thanks
Ben

?Quote.