WTB a semi-auto 12 ga.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wolfsong

Staff member
Towards the end of October my disposable funds for a gun looks promising, so I thought I'd put a feeler out to anyone who's thinking about thinning the herd out.

I'd like a moderately priced 12 ga. semi-auto with wood furniture for dove and goose hunting. An older Winchester? Remington? Nothing fancy, I don't mind battle scars but obviously it should be clean and dependable. Anywhere in the $400 to $700 price range.

I've considered getting a new Weatherby made in Turkey, as I've heard good things about them for a $400ish gun, but I also think an older gun with character and Ruger Forum connections would be a great way to go.

I'm not in a hurry, just thought I'd plant a seed and see what grows from it. Reply here or shoot me a PM if you've got the notion.

Thanks, peace and God bless, Wolfsong.

sourdough44

Single-Sixer
I'd check Armslist also in your area. A Browning Gold with a 3" chamber and 26" barrel could likely be had for $700 or even a bit under.

hammesj

Single-Sixer
Wolfsong; You might want to look at the new SKB as they are a nice fitting gun that is also made in Turkey and appears to be excellent workmanship. Sell for about $650