Deleted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Don't have an exact answer. But I wonder if they are rethinking the model. The 40 seems to be heading for the grave. With the vast improvements of 9mm ballistics and finally widespread acceptance on the 10 mm loaded like it should be the 40 is not doing too well. Granted there is a ton of 40 guns out there so the cartridge will always be around. But it is not the magic bullet it once was. Ten years ago just about any new handgun to the market was a 40 now it is a 9mm.

I am hoping for the carbine in 10mm. That would be a serious amount of thump in a handy little package. Hell if hipoint can make one I am sure Ruger can

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Never asserted anything was just throwing a thought out there is all. Hence the "But I wonder" portion of my post. Good to hear they are popular hopefully the success will encourage them to expand the offerings. I am surprised that they are that popular. Overall the 40s popularity ain't what it was. Locally you almost can't give a 40 away. My local dealer won't even take a 40 anything in on trade and most new guns are not stocked in 40. No one wants them.

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
New bidders who were late to the party of the last 3-4 months are snatching up the 40 cal pistols I have on Gunbroker.

timboy

Bearcat
The larger local gun store near me gets batches of pc9's and pc40's in and they are gone within 2 days,things are real hot right now.

dgr416

Single-Sixer
A 40 SW carbine is the same power as a 10 mm pistol .I have the old 40 pc carbine love it .I habe shot 1.5 inch groups with a scope on it at 100 yards .I got 1200fps with 200 grain bullets

I also read nearly everywhere on the internet, the .40 is dead.

It sure ain't dead to me, or to the cops I've talked to. Many, if not most, (that have a choice) still carry the .40, as it's just a plain better cartridge. And I suspect the PCC in .40 is in short supply, because it is so popular.

The upside to all this negativity, is .40 ammo is quite available. :mrgreen:

I also understand, the love/hate of this cartridge could be very geographical and no doubt generational.

9x19

Hunter
What Ruger didn't say is they only have one assembly station dedicated to the .40 PCC, while the other 23 are busy with 9mm guns, oh and that lone station's operator is the old man as played by Tim Conway. :D

But he is cranking them out as fast as he can...

It may be as simple as this, Ruger currently shows 20 different PC Carbine models available, ONLY 3 are available in 40 Caliber.....and I would guess that they are limited in production based on the requirements for social distancing etc within the manufacturing facility so they are probably being made but not able to keep up with demand...

Just a guess, YMMV