Model 77 Caliber Stamps?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I read on another forum that the RL models of the 77's were caliber marked about 3 inches from the receiver and the standard models were marked adjacent to the receiver. Is that true? If it is was, is it that same stamping true for the RLS, the carbine 358's and for RSI's? I've owned a number of odd caliber RLS models over the years and figured most of them started life as RSI's, but I was more interested in using than collecting. Just curious.
Bfly

3DTESTIFY

Single-Sixer
Just checked my RL Ultralight and RLS carbine, both are 3" from receiver. My R, RS and V rifles are 1/2" from receiver.

chet15

Hawkeye
Black Fly said:
I read on another forum that the RL models of the 77's were caliber marked about 3 inches from the receiver and the standard models were marked adjacent to the receiver. Is that true? If it is was, is it that same stamping true for the RLS, the carbine 358's and for RSI's? I've owned a number of odd caliber RLS models over the years and figured most of them started life as RSI's, but I was more interested in using than collecting. Just curious.
Bfly

I wonder if the location is dependant on the barrel taper at the rear of the barrel?
Chet15