Anyone shoot the new 40 sw carbine and are they still made

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I was wondering if anyone has a new model 40 SW ruger carbine ?
I have the older pc4 ruger carbine just the trigger sucks and I want a pistol carbine combo with the same magazine .My old carbine has the peep sites but I use a scope .I have shot 1.5 inch groups with it at 100 yards with my reloads .I heard the new carbine has a nice trigger too .
I have ruger sr40 pistols and want the new carbine to use as a combo .I really like my old carbine if it had the same magazine as the sr40 and a nice trigger I would stay with it .I do shoot some warm 200 grain. Loads out of my carbine that hit really hard.
Also are they still making the new carbine still in 40 sw .
I like it way better than the
9mm .The 40 sw in a carbine is the same power as a 10 mm pistol .

azleite

Single-Sixer
Yessir, they still make them. Buds usually has them for under $500. This will probably be my next buy. I'll be using the Glock option (more capacity)I like the .40-even though it seems to be on the way out. That their a takedown is another big selling point for me-Dave

Pauerpilot

Single-Sixer
I have one for my wife in the RV. Put on the Glock Mag option. Shoots great. Added M-Carbo trigger springs, extended mag release, and trigger. The triggers is now very smooth. No creep and the break is at around 3.5 pounds. Paired with a Vortex RDS and the rifle easily engages 100 yards targets. My wife really likes the rifle. I have the rifle stored in a rapid deploy bag in the takedown configuration. Very handy, easy to deploy and manipulate, and more punch from the caliber without the added recoil.

I have used 40 SW in hunting applications. The 180gr HST in the Ruger PCC40 is absolutely devastating on coyotes. I have a PCC in 9mm and I am certain that the 40 SW packs way more horsepower than 9mm in a PCC. The amount of recoil between the two calibers is nominal. Take the extra punch in my opinion.

taco68

Bearcat
just posted a few minutes ago- http://rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=286233

Never used peep sights, so it was a little challenging for the first few rounds. Now, I have it down, only shot out to 25 yards. Will work on longer distance in the very near future, along with some type of optics.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I have an original 1997 PC4 as my home defense rifle. It is a solid performer. It doesn't like long distances, but I can get it on target at 100yards. It's sweet spot is under 50 yards, just devastating on pumpkins, cans, bowling pins, zombies.....etc.
I'm glad they started making them again. For once Ruger listened to its' customers! Pistol caliber carbines are back in style!
Yeah!