PC carbine mag well change out

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Darren56

Bearcat
Recently, I switched to the Glock mag well on my PC carbine so that I could try out a couple of Promag 32 round Glock magazines. Then, I discovered that Promag makes 32 round SR9 mags, so I bought a couple of those and then switched back over to the SR9 mag well since I own an SR9 and I like having magazine compatibility between it and my PC carbine. Anyway, after I put the SR9 mag well back in, I noticed that when I insert a mag, I can jiggle the mag back and forth just a little bit (forward and backward). I was concerned, so I verified that the mag well itself was fitting tightly using my finger. I think the slight magazine jiggle is normal, but it's just something that I'd never noticed before. Since I can't find any info. to verify, I was wondering if any of you could verify for me - is the slight magazine jiggle normal? I did cycle a few rounds through it just by manually working the charging handle and it cycled all of them fine. Thanks in advance for your replies.

9x19

Hunter
Yes, a slight amount of play is normal... and more noticeable with a longer magazine.

nekvermont

Buckeye
Glock ten round mags wiggle quite a bit in my PC Carbine but have never had any malfunctions. Of course the longer the magazine the more it appears to wiggle. Seems like a lot of wiggle but I believe it is normal.

vireya

Bearcat
I had trouble with Promags, so went to the 33rd Glocks and been happy ever since
I use 33s cuz I only shoot at the range bench...and Im lazy