Range Trip w/3 boys

Help Support Ruger Forum:

south_ridge

Single-Sixer
I took my 3 sons shooting on the farm Friday. Call it 'COVID-19 Physical Education' for the afternoon.

First up we had a .22 shootout with our Ruger American. Everybody took 5 shots at about 30 yards, smallest group wins. I'm both proud and disappointed to say that my 10-year-old outshot me. I did manage to defeat the other 2 (ages 13 and 7).

We then moved on to the 10/22 Takedown. My oldest son and I had recently installed a Magpul Backpacker stock on it. They all liked shooting that one as well.

We shot a couple of shotguns in preparation for the upcoming youth turkey season.

Last, the 13-year-old and I shot our mini-14 with the factory iron sights. He really liked that.

It was a good day.

SR

We all like pictures---next trip take the phone out of your pocket and share a few pics. It will also give you something to smile at in 10 years when they come around to mooch dinner. :lol:

My son at 10yo shooting a long barreled Redhawk the first time.

Fast forward about 10-12 years shooting a short barrel Redhawk.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
Great to see this.......keeping them boys mentally sharp, Plus they have fun shooting , something they would never get to do at school.