K1V

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RSIno1

Hunter
Any amount of rarity to a Stainless 1V in 22-250 with gray laminate stock? I found one for $800 to complete my meager collection.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I'll throw my $.02 in here

I don't think you are looking at a particularly rare gun and they were cataloged for several years. But they are discontinued so that means a little something. The price stands out to me when you compare what some asking prices are on places like Gunbroker and what the new models cost. If that rifle is taken care of you'll be able to enjoy it , shoot it , and never lose money on it.

It has been 15 years since I passed on a new one at a local shop and the price then was $650 so I'd say you're looking at a pretty decent deal.

RSIno1

Hunter
rugerjunkie - Thanks for the input.
I bought it yesterday. There wasn't a mark on it. The seller bought it new and shot it very little. My main goal was to round out my meager collection with a stainless laminate No1. The recent 450 Bushmaster didn't impress me - muzzle brake and very dark stocks just didn't look right. Picked up some brass & dies today so I'll be ready when CA 10 day wait is over.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Good deal! I should have snagged that one years ago but i prefer bolt guns on sand bags when im at the prairie dog towns. I do have a stainless 1B in 25-06. If that 22-250 shoots anywhere near what that 25-06 does with 75gr vmax loads you're gonna love it!

I agree about the 450 being cosmetically challenged! Im hoping they have a clearance sale on the ugly suckers so I can snag one for a re-barrel.