best bore snake for 9mm PC Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have several. The only real concern I have is that the "body" of the snake is longer than the barrel. You want to always be able to get hold of the "big part" in case the pull string breaks.
This part is fairly unlikely with the name brand snakes. I watched with great concern as Son and Grandson grabbed a used bore snake that had been stored in a ziplock bag, squirt it with CLP and drag it through a 243. I couldn't stop them quick enough. The snake was a .30 cal and a nearly new one at that. Didn't break but it sure as H pulled hard.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Mobuck said:
I have several. The only real concern I have is that the "body" of the snake is longer than the barrel. You want to always be able to get hold of the "big part" in case the pull string breaks.
This part is fairly unlikely with the name brand snakes. I watched with great concern as Son and Grandson grabbed a used bore snake that had been stored in a ziplock bag, squirt it with CLP and drag it through a 243. I couldn't stop them quick enough. The snake was a .30 cal and a nearly new one at that. Didn't break but it sure as H pulled hard.
Bet that bore was clean!