RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Sun May 24, 2020 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:31 pm 
Buckeye

Seldom ask any sort of valuation question but here goes:
Trade-in and private sale value of of a 40 year old stainless pencil barrel Mini-14 that's been put in a stainless Butler Creek folding stock?
182 prefix serial number.
No original wood stock. Bright crisp bore , handling scuffs are minor, and functionally A-1 condition.
.223 Caliber stamped.
Hard to determine a value looking at Gunbroker since it's such an old-school early version. Can't find a comparison to estimate.
Thank you, as always. Don

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:23 pm 
Hunter

Sold mile last year for $750 (1986, 184 prefix). In CA I had to put it back in the wood stock but included the folder. With is as a folder CA classifies it as an AW.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:42 pm 
Buckeye

Are the differences between the 182 prefix and the 184 prefix models ones that are in high demand from buyers these days? For example there are no integral scope bases on this one. As said. It's an oldie...
Don

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:46 pm 
Single-Sixer

A Butler Creek folder doesn't add much if anything to the value of your Mini, especially now that Samson Mfg is now making replica Ruger wood folding stocks with help from Ruger (HERE). Add to that a pencil barreled Mini is far less accurate than the newer designed 58X series Mini's with the thicker barrels and I'm guessing that yours is worth in the $450-$500 range if you can find a motivated buyer for it.

Noli nothis permittere te terere
““Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” - Confucius
"When you find a find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it." - Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:00 pm 
Single-Sixer

Too bad I live in MA. I love the responses from Samson : Q: How will the A-TM Stock affect the Classification of my rifle?

A: It is the customers responsibility to determine if the addition of the A-TM stock will change the legal status of their rifle in the jurisdiction in which they reside. We make gun parts, not legal determinations. If you live in a freedom-challenged part of the world, please check your federal, state and local ordinances before purchasing.

Marlin Camp Carbine 9mm
S&W bodyguard 380
Glock 26 9mm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:04 pm 
Buckeye

Thank you all for the responses. I did see a used later model (thicker barrel) blued Mini14, with a Butler Creek folder on Wednesday. The asking shop price was $599.
Don

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:21 pm 
Single-Sixer

I was in a gun shop in Southwest Virginia the other day and saw a similar stainless Mini-14 like you describe, only it had the original wood stock. Price was $750 but when I expressed interest, the price was dropped to $680. Probably a good price for a stainless Mini in original condition.....

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:09 pm 
Hunter

COSteve wrote:
A Butler Creek folder doesn't add much if anything to the value of your Mini, especially now that Samson Mfg is now making replica Ruger wood folding stocks with help from Ruger (HERE). Add to that a pencil barreled Mini is far less accurate than the newer designed 58X series Mini's with the thicker barrels and I'm guessing that yours is worth in the $450-$500 range if you can find a motivated buyer for it.

FWIW I just bought a 1976 made blued version with original wood stock and handguard for $450.00. Already ordered the Samson stock and was going to swap back & forth depending whether I was in CA or OR. But with a good price on the Mini 14 figure I'll leave it in the folder in OR.

The professed inclination to help mankind is most often used as a false face to control mankind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:06 am 
Single-Sixer

I just bought a 2009 Mini 30 582 stainless that cost me $689 total with shipping and FFL fee off Gunbroker. It came with rings and a 5rd mag.

I just sold a 1987 model Mini 30 Blue/wood Ranch in exc. cond for $575 locally and I gave them 1 Ruger 20rd mag and 2 30rd USA mags, no rings with it. I kept a Ruger 5rd mag, 1 USA 30rd mag, 3 30rd plastic Promags, a 15rd Eagle mag, and a stainless/syn folding old school stock that came with it in trade. I already had a Ruger 20rd and 5rd mag.