Ruger MkII stock question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wxl1

Bearcat
Looking to replace a Ruger MkII short action stock. Found one online but seller is not sure if long or short action. Only info he had was screw holes on trigger guard was about 2 3/4" apart . Are the holes the same for both short and long? Or is this a short action? He was not able to measure as stock was currently close at hand.

Thanks

TBear77

Single-Sixer
What round is your MkII chambered for? The 308 and shorter rounds are short action. The larger rounds are normally long action. There are a few rounds that use the magnum length.

Ted

TBear77

Single-Sixer
The trigger guard screws are about the same distance apart on both short and long action. However, the aft screw to diagonal bedding screw distance is about 6.75 inches on the short action stock; about an inch greater on the long action stock.

Ted

Kenny B.

Bearcat
wxl1, I'm just curious. Did you find the stock you were looking for? My curiosity stems from a similar situation. I have a MKII in .243. I wanted to replace the factory stock with a synthetic variety. It was difficult to find what I was looking for (Hogue over-molded). There were a few vendors that offered what I was looking for. However, the vendors were always listing, "Out of stock, no back-orders." A "wish list" was all I could attach my name to. After what seemed like six months since I began my search, I was finally able to obtain one. In the final analysis, I can say the wait was worth it.