Ranch Rifle Optic Rail

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tancred

Bearcat
I'm getting a used 581 soon and would like to add a rail for optics. I want something as low as possible. Anyone have recommendations?

Thanks

9x19

Hunter
Here's one:

https://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/rings-mounts-amp-bases/rifle-bases/ranch-rifle-scopemount--prod16112.aspx

If you search "mini 14 scope rail" at Amazon, you'll see a half dozen alternatives.

NikA

Buckeye
I don't think know if it's factory (so probably not), but the example I have came with a piece of rail and was D/T'd in the same area as the scope ring cutouts. Very low mount that way, just the thickness of the thinnest rail section you can find.

9x19

Hunter
Ruger has been providing a rail that secures via factory tapped holes on the ranch rifles for the past several years... earlier models did not have those holes... nor come with a rail.

NikA

Buckeye
I guess that rail is factory on newer rifles. OP, it looks like the Ruger started D/Ting and providing the rail as of the 582 series, in case you haven't actually purchased a rifle and want that as an option.

Tancred

Bearcat
I'm getting a used 581 without a rail or the rings. Thanks for the input, everyone.