300 Blackout Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

There should a a lot of ammo out there for the 300 Blackout. I have one and love it - takes to suppression very well with the heavier sub sonic bullets (that still have good stopping power). The ammo I have for mine is Remington and I didn't have any problems finding it. (I'll start reloading them when I get enough brass).

MidwayUSA has a lot of it

Don Lovel

Hunter
300 Blackout ammo runs from about $10/20rnds for Sellier & Bellot on up depending on whether subsonic or full power. I reload it because it is real easy to do. I use H110 or Win 296 or IMR 4227, 150gr to 180gr 30 cal bullets I scrounged up that are really old from a late friend's loading cabinet. Pretty much a case full of powder with enough room to seat the bullet works with the pistol powders. Factory crimp die is the trick

LOTS of 300 ammo available at prices from dirt cheap to over $2 a pull. I've lost a lot of enthusiasm for the 300 after using it in the field but obviously some folks have different opinions.
We shot a few deer with the 300 in 2018 with VERY poor results. Even the good results left a bad taste after poorly expanded bullets allowed a couple of escapes followed by a "twofer" when a bullet veered off course at a weird angle during a pass through and hit a deer beyond and to the side of the target animal.
In 2019 we used Gorilla sub-sonic ammo ($2 per shot) with far better results. Those really do work as advertised. The other ammo I found acceptable is Fiocchi 125 SST although it's supersonic. The boys made a follow up shot using the Fiocchi load on an already wounded deer at approx 150-160 yards which is pretty far for the little round.
The best part of the 300 is that a kid with an AR pistol in this caliber is basically equal to an expert with a "real handgun" during the appropriate deer season.

blammer

Single-Sixer
Like mine. I only shoot targets, though. Reload, so cost per shot is tolerable. I occasionally buy factory ammo just to try it and add to my brass pile. Lots of load choices.