PCC Sping replacements, when?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Wheeljack

Bearcat
I see sites with the PC carbines springs available. But, I can't find any info on when to replace springs. Which one's to replace and when, or are springs replaced for a reason? I guess I can find how many pounds of retraction of the trigger and bolt I have, but I don't know when it's best to replace the springs or to replace the springs for a certain reason. Any idea when I can get this info?
Wheeljack

recumbent

Buckeye
People change springs trying to improve performance, like shooting light loads or very heavy hot loads.
A lot of times this causes other issues.
I used to have a 9mm sub machine gun a legal full auto that I shot a LOT.
I changed the recoil spring every 100,000 rounds.

I've never seen a schedule on spring change. Just remove the spring and measure the length, then every few years measure again when it's 1/2" shorter replace it.

Wheeljack

Bearcat
Thanks for the info. When I had my Glock, it seems they were replacing springs pretty often. Now, I can relax with the Ruger PCC.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I have a Marlin 9mm Camp Carbine and I replace the recoil spring every 10k rounds, (the polymer recoil buffer gets replaced every 5k.)
I would not go more than 10k rounds. It's cheap insurance to keep your gun running right.