350 Legend

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob R

Single-Sixer
I was looking at an American in 300BO for the wife a new deer rifle. She stand hunts with most shots inside 150 yards. She has been hunting with a Browning BBR in 270 for the last 30 some years. My plan is to get her to shoot a lot more before season. The 270 recoils fairly hard, and I think she will enjoy shooting something that recoils a lot less, which should help to get her to put in more trigger time.

The gun shop sold the 300BO I was looking at, and got in a 350 Legend. The Legend looks to be an even better option than the 300BO. I had not considered it before seeing this one. I have a couple 357 Maximum's, a 35 Bullberry, and a 356 Winchester. All in handgun barrel lengths. The 350L in a rifle should be about equal to my 35 Bullberry Super 14 Contender barrel.
At the moment I am still researching the 350L, and it is looking better the more I read about it.

Bob R

mac66

Single-Sixer
Bob R said:
I was looking at an American in 300BO for the wife a new deer rifle. She stand hunts with most shots inside 150 yards. She has been hunting with a Browning BBR in 270 for the last 30 some years. My plan is to get her to shoot a lot more before season. The 270 recoils fairly hard, and I think she will enjoy shooting something that recoils a lot less, which should help to get her to put in more trigger time.

The gun shop sold the 300BO I was looking at, and got in a 350 Legend. The Legend looks to be an even better option than the 300BO. I had not considered it before seeing this one. I have a couple 357 Maximum's, a 35 Bullberry, and a 356 Winchester. All in handgun barrel lengths. The 350L in a rifle should be about equal to my 35 Bullberry Super 14 Contender barrel.
At the moment I am still researching the 350L, and it is looking better the more I read about it.

Bob R

Check out this youtube video. Guys shooting the 350L at 307 yards. Sub moa groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSviKeKepa0&feature=emb_logo

And at 415 yards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=1R8ds9IRbMc&feature=emb_logo

Kanook

Buckeye
I keep hoping that Ruger will make the American in 357max but we know it'll never happen.

If I didn't already have a 300 blackout I might consider the 350 Legend.

My wife would shoot her .270 but loves shooting her .260 instead. I guess the 6.5 creedmoore (spelling) is the newest option.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Kanook said:
I keep hoping that Ruger will make the American in 357max but we know it'll never happen.

If I didn't already have a 300 blackout I might consider the 350 Legend.

My wife would shoot her .270 but loves shooting her .260 instead. I guess the 6.5 creedmoore (spelling) is the newest option.

The 357 max is obsolete so no new guns for it. Besides, the 350 is more powerful than both the 300 BO and the 357 max. Ammo is more available and cheaper as well if that means anything

rangerbob

Buckeye
Well this seems like as good a place as any to post this. I finally finished my 350 Legend AR pistol build using a Bear Creek Arsenal barrel and a Rise Armament handguard on the usual flat top upper. I used a SB Tactical A3 brace on the lower while using receiver end plate with the holes to attach a H&K style single point sling. I topped it off with MagPul flip up sights(which are hard to get right now) and have 2/ 10 round mags and 7/20 round mags. I have 600 rounds of WW factory ammo and 300 rounds of handloads. Maybe I'll have enough time to shoot it over the Holiday weekend coming up. Bob! :mrgreen:

Latest posts