Leupold Rings for M77?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smoke-eater

Blackhawk
I just bought a used M77 w/o scope rings, and I'm looking into the available options. I'm fond of Warne rings, but my M8-4x scope sits too high in their medium rings. That leaves Ruger factory rings (#3&#4 sizes) and those offered by Leupold. Have any of you used them on your M77's? What is your opinion of the Leupold rings? Any better than Rugers?

I have been using the single screw leupold rings on some big kickers for about 40 years and never had 1 slip or fail yet. I mount all by scopes myself. Many rounds in 2 different .338 win mags. likely nearing 1,000 rounds in a .338 RUM and a few hundred in .358 norma mag.
I do like the ruger rings and have those currently in a 7mm rem mag. I like the 2 screws in each side. They take longer to mount correctly but that's no big deal. At least ruger has dropped the slotted screw heads.
FYI, if you have the old style slotted screws in the rings, I phoned ruger several years ago and they sent me 8 of the new torx screws for free. There available also at midway.