Ruger are you listening?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
It was a sin to produce this rifle in 450 Bushmaster but y'all can atone and repent by chambering the exact same in 444 Marlin.

https://www.ruger.com/products/no1/specSheets/21304.html

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
It was a sin to produce this rifle in 450 Bushmaster but y'all can atone and repent by chambering the exact same in 444 Marlin.

https://www.ruger.com/products/no1/specSheets/21304.html

Direct your request to their new Custom Shop.

Good Luck.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
They make a no.1 in 450 marlin, I doubt a sugar coated booger would claim a smaller niche.

The 444 Marlin would be spot on as would the same setup in 308 Win or even 30-30.

RSIno1

Hunter
The crime is not producing a stainless RSI in .308 with gray laminated stock. What a great all weather gun that would be and no complaints about 2x4 quality wood - plywood is plywood no other expectations.

gunzo

Hunter
There has been some oddballs chambered in the No.1 no doubt about it.

But 444? :?

Lets ask for the Edsel to be brought back while we're at it. :lol:

pjinak

Single-Sixer
RSIno1 said:
The crime is not producing a stainless RSI in .308 with gray laminated stock. What a great all weather gun that would be and no complaints about 2x4 quality wood - plywood is plywood no other expectations.

I have wanted this for years... I even "told the CEO" :lol:

roashooter

Single-Sixer
I have asked the "CEO"....why wont Ruger take special orders.....for a firearm...that only needs a few parts swapped from in stock inventory.....for example....the Ruger GSR barrel...mated to the Ruger 77 receiver....I got a response...."Ruger does not do custom firearms".....

Single-Sixer
Heliman said:
If they won't chamber a #1 in .348 Win, why .444 Marlin?

Holding my breath on a .348 No. 1. A .22 hi-power would fit in the safe nicely too.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
.444 was a great cartridge, I miss it. But the buying community is more interested in .450, 45-70. Ruger can't stay alive producing a handful of safe queens.

LuckenbachTexas

Buckeye
My first line debunks any other theories. The 450 BM is a dumb idea, the 350 Legend would make more sense if it were about being vogue. Additionally since Ruger made stuff in 32 Mag they have shown they can produce things other than whats needed to "stay alive"

jjas

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
My first line debunks any other theories. The 450 BM is a dumb idea, the 350 Legend would make more sense if it were about being vogue. Additionally since Ruger made stuff in 32 Mag they have shown they can produce things other than whats needed to "stay alive"

Why not find someone who can rebarrel a number 1 in .444 for you?

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:

They don't make 32 Mag anymore and they can't cater to every whim, especially in a cartridge that has been effectively replaced/outdone by others that are currently in vogue. There's nothing wrong with the 450 BM, and there's nothing wrong with the .444, but the former is currently more popular.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I don't hand-load, but I'm not seeing a lot of data on-line to back up your claim. Perhaps some other handloaders can comment on this.

jjas

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
Because I'd rather pay $1,200 for one straight from the factory instead of $2800 and the trouble of having it done

I get what you're saying, but it would seem that if you actually want one, it's likely going to have to be a rebarrel.