M77 Hawkeye Bluing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dlidster

Single-Sixer
Last week I purchased an unfired M77 Hawkeye shipped in 2018 for a really good price. The current Ruger information on the Hawkeye specifies a satin blue metal finish and that finish is what's shown on the product page.

The rifle I purchased has the rich, gloss bluing that I associate with older Ruger firearms. I much prefer it to the satin finish. That's what motivated me to buy it. Does Ruger still make rifles with the gloss finish and not mention it? I realize that 2018 is the 50th anniversary of the M77, but my rifle is not one of the special anniversary editions. Is there a chance that a number of barreled actions were finished as the anniverary editions were, but were put into production stocks and sold as basic model 37124s?

I'm just curious. The rifle is a beauty.

https://www.ruger.com/products/HawkeyeStandard/specSheets/37124.html

SPBhawk

Single-Sixer
I just saw a Satin Blue Hawkeye the other day. I do like the classic bluing better but of all the satin finishes I have seen on rifles, the Ruger looks the best by far . I believe they still offer the classic blue finish. There's a new Hawkeye at my LGS brand new, blue finish. In 308, very purdy !