AR Pistol carry case suggestions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mac66

Single-Sixer
Tennis racket case. There are some nice padded ones out there and pretty reasonable prices. This one isn't padded but works with my 11.5" bbl pistol. Also holds a slew of mags in the front pockets.

grobin

Blackhawk
Or how bout a guitar case
https://smile.amazon.com/HAZARD-RFL-BTAX-BLK-Battle-Guitar-Shaped-Padded/dp/B00DQG2ZHG/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?keywords=rifle+covert+case&qid=1561513175&s=gateway&sr=8-11

gunzo

Hunter
A guitar case is overly large, but many use a mandolin case.

I'm not crazy about using any case for a musical instrument as they are often stolen. I do like the racket bag, few POS thieves will bother with that, not a big fence or pawn item, a tennis racket.

grobin

Blackhawk
You haven't priced tennis racquets recently! The gutar case above is built as a covert gun case. One possible problem is some jurisdictions may consider covert cases to be a concealed wepon! The backpack types are likely safer if the gun(s) will fit!

9x19

Hunter
I have one of these in 30", holds two of my SBRs/Braced pistols.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WO46X2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

611M%2BiJZfML._SL1000_.jpg

mac66

Single-Sixer
grobin said:
You haven't priced tennis racquets recently! The gutar case above is built as a covert gun case. One possible problem is some jurisdictions may consider covert cases to be a concealed wepon! The backpack types are likely safer if the gun(s) will fit!

A case is a case. Besides we're talking about an AR pistol. If you have a carry permit, no worries.

BTW, I carry my AR pistol, a Mossberg Shockwave 12 ga and a folding stock Kel Tec SU16 in tennis racket cases. I sometimes carry two of them together in a padded double racket case.

https://www.amazon.com/Wilson-Advantage-Triple-Bag-White/dp/B01BOU7868/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=tennis+racket+case&qid=1561744676&s=gateway&sr=8-6

grobin

Blackhawk
NY, NJ and some Ca jurisdictions consider any gun in a case that is 'not locked or "obvious"' to be concieled!! Here in Co, during hunting session, I carry my Mosberg 500 with no case and unloaded! Now the Mosberg 590M (detachable magazine) is not covered by the game regs so I can carry it however I like. I expect that to change though!

gunzo

Hunter
azleite,

Sorry that your thread drifted into some sort of legal argument.

Hope the racket case works well for you. If tried, your thoughts on it will be appreciated. I'm considering a short AR myself & will be wanting an indiscreet container also.

azleite

Single-Sixer
Thanks For all the replies Folk's! Gunzo, I got a Father's Day special email from PSA. I was able to put one together for $299 and change. Gotta admit, it's a pretty cool little package. Hopeful for some range time this week- Dave

bentblade

Single-Sixer

I'm CHEAP
Thrift store and yard sales $5 +- all the time.