Mini 14 ranch question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have the opportunity to pick up a mini 14 ranch tomorrow s/n 582-207XX. According to Ruger site it was made 2012. My question is does this vintage have all the latest upgrades in regard to accuracy? Thank y'all for any help!

Thank you COSteve, I am now the proud owner! The rifle came by itself, no rings, rail, manual or box. I am sure I can pick up most of that. It's in great shape and has one 20 rd Ruger mag with it. Thanks for the info and I would love to know about the improvements you were speaking of. I haven't owned a Mini 14 since the first Ranch rifle way back when. Looking forward to the newer design.
Thanks again,

scubadad

Bearcat
Quickest and easiest are to re-torque the gas block and polish the trigger. There are numerous videos on both.

Like a dumb ass I sold my mini a few years ago to finance a high end ar. Well the gun gods smiled on me and I was able to trade into a nib mini that my lgs had forever. Now the ar is where it belongs in the back of the safe and the mini is getting all the love.

I appreciate the information and advice. I learned from the last mini about factory mags vs aftermarket. I agree on the factory mags! I have a Knights Armament AR and it is great. Just something about blued steel and wood though! Congrats Scubadad on grabbing another mini too.

COSteve, thank you very much for the detailed response. That is a great looking Mini you have built. You really nailed the M14 look. I will definitely take some of your accuracy suggestions and set mine up. I have ordered a variety of factory mags to cover most uses of the rifle. I am gonna enjoy getting reacquainted with a new version of an old friend. Thanks again for your info, that's why this forum is so great!