No.1 475 Linebaugh/ 480 Ruger Questions & Discussion

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
I acquired one of the SBH .480 Ruger in the 6.5" and changed it up to a 5.5" Octagon w/ fine gold bead front sight. It peaked my interest in the Big Bore and recently came across a LNIB, 2012 shipped, No.1, model# 11337, 22" 1-S Medium Sporter, with very nice wood.

AND,,,, then there is the current offering (2017) model# 21311, as far as I can tell the only difference is it has a 20" barrel. Wood on most of these guns I have seen personally has been average.

One and reasons why I'm leaning towards the 22" gun is, it just feels "right". I acquired a 44Mag w/the 20" barrel and while it is compact, the 22" barrel #3 just feels better, imo,,, and then there's the very nice wood of the 22" gun.

Please add your thoughts, observations & opinions. :wink:

grobin

Blackhawk
Unless you are a collector and planing to look at rather than shoot it the feel is more important. Particularly for hunting or competitions!

Alan in GA

Single-Sixer
I've had both but not at the same time. I slightly prefer the 22" over the 20"
The 22" had very nice figure in the walnut. Also at 22" the Ruger No.1 is compact enough. No need for a 20" as far as I'm concerned. I sold the 22" in a moment of greed and soon missed it enough that I watched for another one. Picked up an ANIB unfired 475 Linebaugh (20") at an auction and am very happy with it.

Let me just cut to the quick: BUY THAT (22") No.1!!! (Or let me know where it's at!)

eastbank

Single-Sixer
I have a older # 1 in .460 S&W with a 22" barrel and I like it. 2",s more barrel does not weight very much.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I am very happy with my 22" version. Points great,as you say it feels right. I went with a NECG peep sight and a fiber optic front. Points exactly where I am looking with a perfect sight picture. I lucked into my gun wood is probable in the top five of any factory rifle I have seen. I will still shoot and carefully hunt it. A guy needs at least one pretty gun. If I ever sell I am sure it will bring a premium over a plain one.