folders

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wanderson

Bearcat
Samson has a clone of the original factory folder coming out soon.
So far they've only posted one pic of a prototype but I think the teased price is $250.
From an article on TheFirearmsBlog recently.

No idea what it'll wind up being, but I have a Samson magwell on my 9mm Shield and it's well made and inexpensive. If the folder is as good, it'll be a winner.

I'd also look at the Butler Creek folders if that's what you want. I've not shot one but picked one up and it seemed solid. I still see plenty of them on ebay for $150-$200.

Choate makes a good SKS folder but never seen the Mini version.

Personally, I've got plenty of pistol grip guns, so I prefer to keep my Mini & SKS 'as is'. Plenty of trucks with gun racks in the back where I live and these wouldn't get a second glance.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I still have some extra factory folding stocks........SS and blue... 8) ......do not forget the difference in the gas block swivel placement..........assumes Ruger's patent expired on their stock, or, new manufacturer has a reassignment OK from Ruger :?:

mac66

Single-Sixer
Gonna be expensive and I refuse to pay more for a stock than I did for my rifle. ;)

rangerbob

Buckeye
blume 357, The A Team, George Peppard, Mr. T (fool), and the other 2 guys, not to mention their GMC van. Wrongs rewritten while you wait. Bob!! :mrgreen:

57springer

Buckeye
rangerbob said:
blume 357, The A Team, George Peppard, Mr. T (fool), and the other 2 guys, not to mention their GMC van. Wrongs rewritten while you wait. Bob!! :mrgreen:
It was a good show !! :wink:

Brules

Single-Sixer
Samson had the folding Mini 14 stock at the NRA show in Indy this year. Their stock looked almost identical to the original. I got to handle it and they claimed they were working with Ruger to bring it back.

57springer

Buckeye
Brules said:
Samson had the folding Mini 14 stock at the NRA show in Indy this year. Their stock looked almost identical to the original. I got to handle it and they claimed they were working with Ruger to bring it back.
Any more Info? You say bring it back , as an accessory ? I mean if they are working with Ruger will It be a catalogued item.?

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
If they do bring it back, it will be all plastic, just like all the new items.

Back when my wife an I had a mountain house up in N.C. and I could actually do some walking in the woods, I would have a rifle with me and it usually had a folding stock. This was much easier to tote along through the brush. When I did my woods walking it was not along a road or trail but up the side of the mountain and then along the ridge for as long as possible and then back down. Damn, now that I type this... I miss those days.

never enjoyed the A-Team that much.... found it kind of a little too much when they improvised an IED and blew a whole group of bad guys in a jeep up, the jeep goes flying through the air, flips over a few times.. ends upside down and all the bad guys crawl out from under it unharmed....

Kind of like that McIver show... I was flipping channels one day and there he was trapped in a building fixing to get attacked... so, he picked up an Ouzi and used it to turn the stuck valve on a fire hose so he could spray water and knock all the attacking bad guys down...