Deleted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
If the regulators knew enough about firearms, which they don't, they would have used the term non-bottlenecked cartridge instead of straight wall. In Louisiana, which allows single shot rifles, 35 caliber or larger, for primitive season, the Ruger #1 is excluded because it does not have a visible hammer. They meant for the law to say manual cocking hammer, but screwed it up. As we all know, I can see my #1's hammer by looking thru the hole in the bottom of the action. Louisiana has not ventured off into the straight wall/ bottleneck cartridge debacle yet. I think for all intents and purposes, we can call the 327, 357, 41 mag, and the 44 mag( and others) straight wall. Bob! :wink:

grobin

Blackhawk
Well different strokes for different folks! Here we have likely the most restrictive gun requirements for hunting of any stat-although not the weirdest!
Pistol 550 Ft lbs at 50 yards.
Rifle 1000 Ft lbs at 100 yards.
Any pistol caliber less than 357 doesn't make it! The 10mm and 41 just. The 305 and 300 BLK are marginal. OH well I'm sure there was some reason some time. Still weird regs inspired by hoplophobes and bambists°; aided by ignorance.

°Those who think that Disney's Bamby has relevance to wildlife conservation!