More on the 350 Legend

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
LuckenbachTexas said:
You are confused, 444 is faster with a larger projectile

My readings say that th 444 is the same, but it is a rimmed cartridge. Doesn't count.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
grobin said:
Even the 45/70 is faster when loaded for modern guns! But with this round being designed for areas with a lot of development faster is worse!

You can load any cartridge to make it as fast as you want, but the 45-70 is a rimmed cartridge and doesn't count in my book.

grobin

Blackhawk
So what ever! The 350 is faster than light and that's good? Faster in this context is WORSE!!

Did you know the ricochet distance of a 20 gauge sabot is farther than a 30-06.
What have you been smokeing? Where did you get thiscrap?

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
grobin said:
So what ever! The 350 is faster than light and that's good? Faster in this context is WORSE!!

Worse perhaps, but it doesn't make Winchester's claim a lie and a joke.

grobin

Blackhawk
True but that makes it marketing drivel and the fan boi cheering section annoying!

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
This cartridge is going to work really well in semi-autos. A straight wall with no rim and no belt. I can only imagine that it would be ideal in a military full-auto. As more ammo variations are developed it may well become a Legend.

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
I'm kinda thinking this is the AR compatible .375 Winchester. Or the cartridge that will do what the .375 did, but become a lot more popular. Nothing flashy; not very fast; bullets a bit light for the bore diameter. But out to 150 yards, it should drop fair to middlin' size whitetails and hogs pretty consistently, with a minimal amount of recoil, out of AR platform guns, compact bolt action carbines, and we hope, soon, Mini-350s. It's almost but not quite, a .35 Remington. Which is a pretty decent short-range deer & hog cartridge. So, what's not to like? Is it better than a whole lot of other cartridges out there? No. But it seems it will do the job for the AR crowd, which is always growing, so why not?

grobin

Blackhawk
Thanks for a good summary of this cartridge!
Something which no one has considered is that this would make a great pistol cartridge! It would provide a incremental advance over the 10mm/41. I would not be surprised to see a magnum research semi auto in 350, possibly a AR based pistol from Ruger, and possibly a Blackhawk or Super Red Hawk!

jjas

Single-Sixer
I see where Ruger and Davidsons is bring out a predator version of the .350 legend with a 20" barrel.

Stock number 26991 (according to gallery of guns).