Trouble reassembling trigger group on PC 9 Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikein

Single-Sixer
I stripped my carbine down to give it a thorough cleaning. All went well until I tried to reinstall the trigger group. The holes don't line up to reinsert the retaining pins, so before I try to force it, I thought I'd better ask around to see if I'm doing something wrong. I insert the bolt, and make sure that the buffer plate is down in the pocket. I then place the trigger group down, making sure that the "step" on the trigger group mates with the top of the buffer plate, but the retaining pin holes just don't line up with the holes in the receiver; what am I doing wrong here?

mikein

Single-Sixer
It turns out that I just needed a bit more "persuasion" on getting the drift pins in. The videos I had watched showed the pins being dropped in, with little effort, and that's what threw me off. But it's back together and I've run dry firing function tests and everything appears to be working correctly. I'll get out when we get a break in the weather and do some live fire testing to make sure there are no problems.

That's often the problem with how to videos... not gun related but we have Mitisbushi mini-splits in our house and the video from the company on how to take the cover off and access the blower fan is good but the guy does it in like a minute and in the real world it take something like 20 and is a real battle to get that housing off.

mikein

Single-Sixer
That's true! The folks that make the videos generally have gone through the procedure many, many times to keep the video short enough to keep the viewers interested! The how-to's are quite valuable, but, as you say, and as I have found out several times, your personal experience and their professional experience will not necessarily match up perfectly!