New Ruger Hawkeye African in 9.3x62

Help Support Ruger Forum:

smith1961

Blackhawk
Did anyone see one yet, perhaps on the shot show video's? Wonder if it's Circassian or Black walnut?
Enquiring minds want to know LOL!!!
:D

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
smith1961 said:
Did anyone see one yet, perhaps on the shot show video's? Wonder if it's Circassian or Black walnut?
Enquiring minds want to know LOL!!!
:D

Pick one up yesterday. Black walnut, nothing special.

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
I got a call from Ruger customer service today regarding this model and caliber. They wanted to know if I still had one in my inventory and if not, who bought it and their contact info. Apparently something is not up to par with these. If you have one you may want to give them a call. 603-865-2364

rangerbob

Buckeye
For the what it's worth department, I noticed that Midway is now carrying GECO 9.3x62 255 grain ammo. This is made in Switzerland under very tight control standards(think NATO) with what appears to be excellent brass. The 255 soft point load ought to handle anything in North America, particularly deer, elk, and moose. Bob!! :wink:

RJ556

Buckeye
rangerbob, I live and hunt in Romania. I use Geco ammunition in many of my hunting rifles. I use the 255 grain 9.3x62 load exclusively in my African. It is superbly accurate and the "Plus" bullet has an outstanding record over here for complete penetration on large boars. I also use Geco 55 grain "Express" (varmint ammo) in my Browning X-Bolt .223 Rem. The rifle is factory stock and I can shoot sub half inch groups with this Geco ammunition. I highly recommend it, with experience. RJ

rangerbob

Buckeye
RJ556, glad to hear the fine results with the Geco ammo! I was not surprised! Bob! 8)