Hawkeye All-Weather

Help Support Ruger Forum:

egl52

Single-Sixer
I wish they still made the all weather with satin stainless instead of the bead blasted finish. As long as I'm wishing, I'll take iron sights too.

308longdistance

Blackhawk
LuckenbachTexas said:
How many of you good people have come to appreciate the butt ugly All-Weather and wish Ruger would make them again?

My go to in .308, custom paint by Grandkids, barrel and bolt fluted, trigger worked to 3lbs. Leupold VX2 2-7X33 LRD.

jAKo5BP.jpg

gunzo

Hunter
308longdistance said:
LuckenbachTexas said:
How many of you good people have come to appreciate the butt ugly All-Weather and wish Ruger would make them again?

My go to in .308, custom paint by Grandkids, barrel and bolt fluted, trigger worked to 3lbs. Leupold VX2 2-7X33 LRD.

jAKo5BP.jpg

What brand rings & height are these, I've never seen a scope that low on a 77, looks good.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
I only have one Hawkeye and its an All Weather .30-06 wearing a Ziess Diavari C.

Basically my worst conditions rifle when I don't want to take my Browning X-bolt out---the main reason the Browning is preferred is that its much lighter----both are good rifles though.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I've got one in .243 that is hard on coyotes. Best shot was just over 450 yards.
They actually get more shinny with use. The bolt handle is like polished stainless after a lot of use.

I vastly prefer the original MkII to the Hawkeye version. But I sure like those MkII's and I still love the Zytel stock. Put a limbsaver on them and while it adds a 1/2" to the LOP, what a wonderful rifle. But the Hawkeye, for an All-Weather is certainly better than nothing. I think it was a mistake to discontinue them.

308longdistance

Blackhawk
gunzo said:
308longdistance said:
LuckenbachTexas said:

jAKo5BP.jpg

What brand rings & height are these, I've never seen a scope that low on a 77, looks good.

Leupold low. Just a bit lower than the Ruger 3B-4B