9MM carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
What kind of operating system does Ruger use to operate the action of this 9MM carbine that they are selling? Gas? Blow back? something else?

Thanks for the help on this, I am thinking about buying one. 8)

5of7

Hunter
OK good. I wondered if it wouldn't be a blow back. They can do that with the 9 just by using a heavier bolt assembly and/or a stiffer spring. That would be what I would want in a 9MM rifle because it is easier to keep clean.

Thanks for the info guys. 8)

louiethelump

Buckeye
They say they used Tungston in the bolt I think to make it heavier without making it bigger. At least that is what I recall from what I read when I was looking at them. Never did buy one.

rangerbob

Buckeye
The bolt in the 9mm pcc is steel. It has a cavity in which Ruger uses a sliding tungsten rectangle shaped block which is drilled with holes to adjust its weight. By adjusting the weight, it would be possible to chamber the carbine in multiple calibers simply by using a different block, bolt face, and barrel. The block drops in, the bolt face is held by 2 captive pins, and, since it's a takedown, swapping barrels is a snap. Change the magazine adaptor and you are done. Very smart! Bob! 8)

Terry T

Buckeye
So....Rangerbob, When are the .45acp and 10mm versions arriving? :shock:

I've got a Glock 45 ……… :D

Terry T

grobin

Blackhawk
I've an Aero in 10m and would love to see it! The multi caliber PC C are getting popular and now would be a good time to get in.

rangerbob

Buckeye
terry T, that's a good question! I don't know, hopefully soon. Why else would one design and build a carbine as Ruger did if they had no plans to market other calibers. If they do the 10mm, it would have to use their 1911 style magazine and an adapter for the 10mm Glock magazine since they don't have a double stack 10mm pistol. The 45 would naturally use the American and/or the SR-45 magazine as well as the Glock 45 magazine. Since I have a Glock M40 and a XDM 10mm, I'd take the 10mm straightaway. Only time will tell. Bob! :D

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I think a 45 acp version will be coming out ....I would hope that they build a P- Series adapter for the 9MM(and the 45acp) that accepts Ruger P-Series mags? There are millions of those mags still in use today....and C'mon they are RUGERS!

Terry T

Buckeye
Since Ruger no longer is selling / listing a .40 S&W pistol, I doubt they will bring out the carbine in .40 S&W. :shock: The .40 S&W seems to be loosing favor now that the FBI has returned to the 9mm.

That leaves the .45 ACP. Unless.....they go to the 1911 platform / magazines for the 10mm.
If they configure around the Glock....there are more possibilities.....40 S&W / 357 SIG and 10mm.
I think 10mm carbine would make a nice back woods companion to a Glock 10mm (or SR1911 in 10mm) for dangerous animals, including the ones that walk on two feet.

Terry T

mpalm

Single-Sixer
Doesnt the Ruger 45acp pistols use Ruger mags? (not 1911 mags)
I thought the P90/p97/P345/SR45/ american/security in 45 use Ruger only mags?
If so then that would work for them?
The PCC SR45ACP would be a big seller with 1911 mag well adapter!

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
FUDD mode activated.

When I hear the word Carbean, only one type of rifle comes up. And it ain't an AR pretending to be a Carbean. It's made out of steel and walnut, has a lever and a tube magazine. And I don't care what Ruger sez. :wink:

This is a Carbean :mrgreen: :

cq5dam.web.835.835.jpeg