450 BM .. Ruger American

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
I have been eyeing one of these for awhile... Just checking if anyone here on this site has any first hand knowledge on this carbine in 450BM

langenc

Single-Sixer
Id have bought one a year ago if I hadnt just bought a 77/44. The 450 did not get too much publicity and was kinada an unknown.

450 have a reputation for great accuracy but also are a boomer w/ the break installed.

grobin

Blackhawk
My nephew has one and he really likes it for eastern hunting. very good to 200yards.

Hunter6657

Single-Sixer
I've had one for about 2 years and it shoots great. Recoil is not bad and I use my silencer on it at times. I'll be developing a subsonic load for use with my silencer.
I bought mine from a Michigan gun store that had commissioned Ruger to make these to begin with and then Ruger decided to offer it themselves. Mine didn't come with a muzzle brake but I added a Silencerco muzzle brake that is used with my Hybrid silencer.

Look up the test reports where the rifle was fired 2 shots at 100, 200, and 300 yards respectively at the same target and it produced a 2.5" conglomerate group.
Dunno if I can shoot that well but so far I have bagged a 200lb hog and a doe with it.
Basically the same power as a 444 Marlin rifle with a little heavier bullet.

winchester348

Single-Sixer
I got one for my nephew for Christmas. He killed a doe with it yesterday, said she dropped in her tracks. I have not got to fire it yet and was contemplating buying one for myself. But then I found a 1911 in 38 super and that's it for new gun purchases for awhile. lol

9x19

Hunter
Blued action and stainless barrel?

Not sure what that was meant to address.