Ruger's new flat bolt 77

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
Wow! Love the blued bolt and great wood! The embellishments are meh, but the total rifle looks great! I wonder how much?

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
NH Rugerman said:
salem103 said:
77 made; 15 left; $2350.00

I assume that is list price as $550.00 for the addition of the flat bolt, and a little more machine engraving seems a little excessive to me....

YMMV

Quite excessive. Not to knock em but it's only a Ruger 77. And the way I see it , yes this rifle was made by Ruger but being ordered and offered through classic sporting arms does not mean the same thing as a rifle like that right from Ruger. Anyone with the cash to lay down can place an order and have anything made that they want but it doesn't make it so.

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
All Rugers are sold through distributors and dealers. How is this rifle any less a genuine Ruger than any other distributor exclusive? Is it the fact it is made with the original style bolt handle or because only 77 will be made? Only twelve 25/06 Express rifles were made. Are they not Rugers? I do not see your dissatisfaction with the price being a factor.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Yeah you have a point there. It's prob the old curmudgeon in me coming out. And for price? $2500 is pretty steep for an Express rifle. Sure wouldn't spend that on anything else. I can't see where a flat bolt and some mild embellishments add up to anywhere close to $2500. If that's your thing or whoever's thing and their happy with it then more power to em.

pete44ru

Hunter

Although it's a nice-looking rifle, IMHO it's weird - IDK why a Mk II Model 77 with a flat bolt was used ILO making the anniversary rifle a tang safety like the originals.