Ruger's new flat bolt 77

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
No tang safety, that was my first question. In this regard it falls short of early authentic.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Yep, should have been a flat bolt AND a tang safety to make a vintage statement. It's only half-way there without the tang.

3DTESTIFY

Single-Sixer
Being a Mark II action/safety with a "flattened" round bolt handle that doesn't quite have the gracefulness & style of the original flatbolt handle, I'd pass on the "highgrade". I would consider the very attractive standard "50 year " rifle though!

chet15

Hawkeye
pete44ru said:

Although it's a nice-looking rifle, IMHO it's weird - IDK why a Mk II Model 77 with a flat bolt was used ILO making the anniversary rifle a tang safety like the originals.

It was probably tough enough to get a flat bolt handle on this one.
Chet15

I received mine Monday!
IMHO!
Yes, it is a little more than the standard Rifles out there but, the engraving was done very well & well thought out. I have had a few hand guns engraved over the last few years with the Gold & Silver work and it cost more than this Ruger Rifle. My hats off to the ones who made this happen I know it was a lot of work to pull it off.
Yeah I would have liked it with a tang safety but, there are liablity issue with that and Ruger will not go there.
Mine is one of the 77 made with the same serial number of my orginal 2 digit M77 flat bolt.
I am very pleased with mine.
Thanks

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
They are all sold; with the exception of the one which will be auctioned at the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society Banquet at the Wanenmacher Tulsa Arms Show. next November