Another new 9mm carbine from Chiappa.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
Chiappa is introducing the RAK 9, basically an AK-47 in 9mm. I suspect it's made in Italy, Europe for sure. It ships with a 10 round magazine but will take a Beretta 92 hi-cap magazine. Not surprisingly, it comes with an adaptor to switch over to the Glock magazine system. Sound familiar? Dealer cost is $75 more than a Ruger PCC. One may search RAK 9 for videos and photos. Interestingly, the photos show it with boxes of 9x21 ammo, which leads me to believe the Italian influence. Bob! 8)

grobin

Blackhawk
Interesting. The PCC segment is getting crowded. CMMG just came out with the Guard also 9mm. Ruger needs the multi caliber options to stay competitive.

tinman

Buckeye
grobin said:
Interesting. The PCC segment is getting crowded. CMMG just came out with the Guard also 9mm. Ruger needs the multi caliber options to stay competitive.

.....did I just hear someone say 10mm?......... :idea:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I'd jump on a 10mm Ruger PCC that uses Glock mags in a heartbeat. A new barrel, bolt weight, bolt face, and magazine adaptor would be all that's needed to make that happen. I guess it would have to ship with a Ruger 1911 style 10mm magazine. Bob!! :D

tinman

Buckeye
rangerbob said:
I'd jump on a 10mm Ruger PCC that uses Glock mags in a heartbeat. A new barrel, bolt weight, bolt face, and magazine adaptor would be all that's needed to make that happen. I guess it would have to ship with a Ruger 1911 style 10mm magazine. Bob!! :D

I've been after Glock to market some sort of carbine for 20 years............. :idea:

Latest posts