Ruger No. 3 in 375 Winchester

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike4570

Bearcat
My step dad was a big fan of the 375 Winchester cartridge. Before he passed away, he gave me his 94 Big Bore and my brother got the #3.
Just wondering the years of production and approximate number made. Never seen another No. 3 in this caliber.
Thanks

G2

Hunter
I'm kinda surprised no replies, so I will stab at it.
My limited notes state years of production for the .375 Win. were 1979-83.
Actual production #'s are not known other than it has been noted the 375 Win is assumed the second lowest production #'s after the 44M, (81-86) which is estimated in the 200-300 range.
The #3 in 375Win. noted to be accurate.
Total production of the #3 is est. 30,000-40,000, 1973-1986

Let's see if any others have some more info to add,,, bump it up.

crash87

Bearcat
I purchased one in 1981 for the sum of 169.95, the gun shop was closing them out and had 2 at that price. I was a fledgling apprentice at the time and was layed off so I sold a Ruger Super Blackhawk to my Dad even up. I had to have that rifle. Why, not because I could tell the future but because I needed a Wisconsin Northwoods brush buster!
The only bullet I ever shot out of it was the Hornandy 220 FP, until recently I started shooting cast and utilizing 38/55 brass. For many years it wore a redfield wideview 2 1/2X fixed until recently it was sold and replaced with a Leupold 2.5.
Accurate, You Bet, I would paint milk jugs orange and put them out on a fenceline at about 125yds and hit them with regularity. I like not only the gun but the cartridge as well. So much so I have acquired a big bore 94 and Marlins Model 375.
I apoligize on not giving any more historical value here, but that particular gun sure does take me back, 1st Black bear fell to that rifle and never kept track of the Whitetails, but a few. Thanks for reading,
Crash87

single action

Single-Sixer
For those who shoot that caliber ammo is scarce a few weeks ago I had a e-mail that buffalo arms had brass in stock. In case you are looking. Bob

rangerbob

Buckeye
For those of us who handload for the 375 Winchester, there is great news. I just looked and now Starline has their 375 Winchester brass available @ $145 per 250(58 cents a piece). I don't think we'll live long enough to see WW brass in the 50 count bags again and if we do it will not be $29 a bag. Bob! :D

mike4570

Bearcat
When I got the notice from Starline I was on the phone in a heart beat. Ordered 250 pieces. Already have three 50 round WW factory sealed bags, at least 100 more unfired pieces of WW in boxes, a couple hundred reloaded 375's and a couple hundred rounds of gas checked lead bullet loads in cut down 38-55 brass.
Think I'm set for the foreseeable future. Now for the 358 Winchester brass....

rangerbob

Buckeye
I ordered my 250 375 Winchester brass today from Starline. I'm going to split the order with my buddy who has a #3 and I have a 94 Big Bore. Bob! :mrgreen:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I called and requested in person finally at the NRA show for starline to make.375 Winchester brass.
They had a brass thickness problem at the base at first guess they fixed it .It.
Pays to hound the crap out of companies for what you want .Now if they will make 405 Winchester brass because hornady brass is terrible .I hounded them for 444 marlin and 357 rem maximum
Brass too .Their brass is Awesome just about.the best you can buy for the money !

Latest posts