Mini 14 information (good deal?)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigtheno

Bearcat
Greetings!

I am looking at purchasing a mini 14 for $615 and I was curious your all's thoughts. Is it a good deal? What can you tell me about a mini 14 with the serial number 186-20830? I do have pictures but can never figure out how to upload them. Message me & I'll send them to you. It has a synthetic stock with the folding Stock with piatol grips.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!!

vincef329

Bearcat
Hello, depends what your going to do with it, the physical shape, and who your buying from. It will never be a tack driver but they are fun for casual plinking or varmints out to 100yds considering other variables. Rifling wears down eventually as does the extractor.
Buying from a regular dealer will usually mean more money because they have a reputation to uphold among other things.
I have a 186 series I picked up about 5 yrs ago for 580. Excellent physical condition with original wood stock and stainless. No regrets, runs like clockwork and very enjoyable. Good luck.

lostatsea

Bearcat
Just purchased a 584 series new. They run about $750. I could have purchased a 180 series used for about $600 but I passed. The 580's are much better rifles. I'm changing out the gas bushing and getting a trigger job right now. Pretty happy with it so far.

Latest posts