Ruger RAP question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger77shooter

Bearcat
I was in one of the semi-local pawn shops last week and ran across a Predator in 25/06. I've wanted one of these rifles in that caliber for a while. The price was just over 300 if I recall correctly. It is new, but was being sold As Is. They said their wholesaler sold guns that had been sent back for one reason or another and they could not be warrantied. One of the reasons was that there was a blemish in the finish. I did find a very small place on the barrel near the muzzle which wouldn't bother me.

Question: is there any reason to be concerned about buying the rifle? I see where one of these can be had for about 100 more on GB. Trouble is, I don't have the 400 right now and at the pawn shop can put the rifle on layaway. So, I would like to hear your opinions about whether or not this would be an okay buy and if not, why not. Thanks...Eddie

I have 2 American Predators, one in 223 and one in 243. Both are very accurate, with the 243 shooting 1/4 to 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. The 223 shoots 1/2 inch or slightly bigger groups. My standard American 308 also shoots under 1 MOA.

Sounds like a good deal there. Should there be any problems, I would think Ruger would still take care of it under warranty.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
The pawn shop said it can't be warranted?? That makes no sense to me if you have an issue with it I am sure Ruger will stand behind it.

grobin

Blackhawk
Ruge r doesn't warranty their fire arms they just fix them-pretty much unconditionally. The only wory is if the rifle was stolen. Depending on who sold it you may or may not get y'r money back. I'd buy it!

Ruger77shooter

Bearcat
Thanks, gentlemen. This shop had a number of "as-is" rifles, not all of them Rugers. They had handguns, rifles, and a shotgun or two that were tagged that way. The guy told me their distributor had them as they had been sent back to the factory and that was the reason they were "as-is" firearms. Hopefully they will still have it when I am able to get back up there. The 25/06 is my favorite WT caliber and have been wanting one. Thanks again...Eddie

langenc

Single-Sixer
Big Old Boy said:
The pawn shop said it can't be warranted?? That makes no sense to me if you have an issue with it I am sure Ruger will stand behind it.

By pass the pawn shop.. Call Ruger and ask them.. Never heard of such nonsense.