PC Carbine TLC

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jmoser

Bearcat
Unpacked my 9mm carbine, cleaned and fit the takedown adjustment. Noticed the feed ramp had a LOT of machining grooves on it so I used the Cratex points to smooth that out, removed a sharp burr on the right edge of the ramp area also.

I own many Ruger guns and would not hesitate to buy more but this kind of minor touch up in secondary finishing etc is a common need.

Anyone having feed issues may want to examine the ramp surface, mine was like a washboard.

Mounted the red dot and am ready to test drive it when range time permits.

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I don't have the PC carbine but I've owned many Rugers. Currently I have two SR9Cs, an LCP, SP101 and .22/45. NONE have ever needed buffing up anywhere to be reliable.

So my comment is that you must be a very unlucky person. Don

jmoser

Bearcat
I own probably 15 Rugers, best value out there but polishing out machining marks is not their forte.

I own probably 25 semiautomatics with feed ramps and virtually all of them had machining marks on the ramp. An H&K .45 filled the ramp grooves with copper before I smoothed it out so it's not just the Rugers.

The carbine probably would have fed fine as is out of the box but I have learned to give new guns a thorough going over, many times I have pushed grit / fine shavings out of new bores on expensive guns.

jmoser

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
My Ruger PC Carbine had a very smooth tool-mark free feed ramp right out of the box.
You need a magnifier :lol:

Just kidding - sometimes you get lucky.