Carbine mag length preference [Glock flavor]

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jmoser

Bearcat
Depending on what / how you are using the new PCC 9mm carbine what capacity / length magazine do you prefer?

I have everything from [Glock] 10 - 12 - 15 - 17 - 19 - 33 factory mags; just curious if folks find issues with snagging / feeding / reloading etc with one version vs another.

Apart from strict capacity what is your like and dislike in the carbine?

Most of my 17 rounders are older Gen 2-3 style but I have enough newer ones to mount the mag release on the right side where I prefer it [AR style.]

grobin

Blackhawk
I'm stuck with the Glock basterdrzed 15 rounds as, thanks to our nutty hoplophobe so called government, are all we can get. Working with LEO I've used the 17, 19 and 33 round ones. Frankly after running trainfire courses the 33 are awkward and I can carry 3 <33 round magazines easier than one 33.

If I had the choice I would be on the fence on the 19s. They are a little more awkward than the 15/17s and I'm not really expecting to recreate the FBIs Maimi shootout.

9x19

Hunter
I have 15+2, 17+2 and 20 round mags. The 20 round are about as long as I care for in my carbines (AR pattern).

Glock also makes a 24 and 33 round version, but they get a bit too long for comfortable carry in my hands.

The Magpul 20 rounds mags or a Glock 17 rd with +3 extension are my preference.

Magpul 20
44OMcyD.jpg

Glock 15+2
HC22i0b.jpg

Glock 17+2
aFYyq4O.jpg

jmoser

Bearcat
My 17+2 [19] OEM mags are gen 4 compatible for right side mag release, those are the most likely for carbine use. Thanks for your input - will probability buy a few Magpul versions as extras.

rangerbob

Buckeye
Well, I finally qualified with my Ruger 9mm on Tuesday with a score of 80 out of 82 using the FF III on a rainy, hot afternoon. I was using MagPul 21 round mags loaded with 20 rounds as needed for qualification. No one has mentioned the factory Glock 24 round mags that have just become available. My first question was why not 25 rounds since ammo usually comes in boxes of 50. Since I had already acquired 7 of the MagPul mags, I have not acquired any of the Glock 24 rounders. One of my fellow instructors noted that he had observed that the Ruger seems to be more reliable with non-Plus P ammo. I have not shot enough ammo to have an opinion. Bob!! 8)

swoter

Bearcat
I have 8 Magpul 17 rd Glock mags. They have worked perfectly over about 400 rounds. Shooting Winchester white box mostly, some Blazer brass, no failures so far.