I think I bought a new rifle,

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ilikerams

Single-Sixer
but I'm not sure. A little background, years ago when Walmart first opened in my town they carried firearms but then they got rid of them. Anyway this summer they remodeled the place and lo and behold two weeks ago glass cases appeared in sporting goods with rifles in them. This Monday I went to the store to check it out and in one case was a Henry yellow boy in 45/70. I tried to buy it but they told me they couldn't sell it to me because "their certification hasn't been approved yet". However they let me put money down and put it on layaway so I think it's mine. Does anyone know what this certification thing is? They were unclear themselves as to what it is but thought it would be approved soon. In the meantime I can only hope. :(

grobin

Blackhawk
Likely they don't have the FFL or local mother may I for the jurisdiction.

rangerbob

Buckeye
One must remember that dealing with WalMart, most of their employees, particularly those in sporting goods, are not shooters or hunters and don't know a shotshell from a 9mm round. I suspect, as others noted, the store is waiting for its FFL to become active. Of course, why would one show products that they can't sell. Most of the time at my WalMart, the gun counter is not manned and I have to find an associate that begrudgingly unlocks the display case for a sale. It's hard to business with a store that relies on political correctness to decide what to sell. Bob!! :D