Some Interesting 77's showing up at Davidsons

Help Support Ruger Forum:

57springer

Buckeye
mrbumps said:
I picked up my .250 Savage today. A bit of a surprise. Davidson's listed it as a 77 Standard, Satin Blue, Wood Stock. It gave an 18" barrel length, so I suspected it might be a RSI. Well, it was an RSI, but it was Matte Stainless, RSI, red pad. I believe it's one of the "mistake" run of 98 that Lipseys distributed a few years ago.
Awesome, that is a nice caliber , no one chambers it these days. I have an old savage 99 in 250. I have been looking for a nice bolt in savage or ruger , hard to find . :wink:

mrbumps

Blackhawk
SHOOTER said:
Can't find the 308!

I was thinking about the African in 308. They had Eight in stock, so I decided to wait. The next day they were out of stock. A FFL may have taken the rest.

mrbumps said:
SHOOTER said:
What was the sale price on the 308?

I believe the price through my dealer was about $630. I did find one of them on Gunbroker today. Starting bid was $950

Depends on the model, model #37101, List Price was $1099.00 - sale price was $815.00 for me....they had another model with a list price of $946.00 if I recall correctly...

Here is the link to the one on GB (NDIH), it is the model 37101:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/789327740

Sweet rifle in my opinion and a great length....nice rear sight, great wood and a RED recoil pad....beautiful!!!

Blackmore

Blackhawk
The Davidson's website is a lttle ambiguous. It showed a final price to pay the receiving dealer but that was after the deposit you paid Davidson's directly to secure the rifle for you and get it to your FFL. You make two payments which is how I believe NH Rugerman got to that $815 number. That was about what my total price would have been if I had it sent to Pinnacle in Newport.

Blackmore said:
The Davidson's website is a lttle ambiguous. It showed a final price to pay the receiving dealer but that was after the deposit you paid Davidson's directly to secure the rifle for you and get it to your FFL. You make two payments which is how I believe NH Rugerman got to that $815 number. That was about what my total price would have been if I had it sent to Pinnacle in Newport.

Prices have increased for the same model since they originally added them...someone at Davidson's realized they had OLD list prices on these models and changed the old discounts...

rangerbob

Buckeye
There seems to be nothing left but 416's,375's, 338 and 300 RCM's with an occasion standard caliber. I already have a Compact Magnum in both RCM's and a Mossberg Patriot in 375 Ruger. CDNN has or had several other M77' and Hawkeyes at good prices, which is where I got my 300 Compact in April. Bob!! :D

GAO LLC

Single-Sixer
This thread has resulted in me buying 11 Hawkeyes and to think I was going to stop buying anything after Sept 30. My helper says I have no self control.

GAO LLC said:
This thread has resulted in me buying 11 Hawkeyes and to think I was going to stop buying anything after Sept 30. My helper says I have no self control.

I think you were wise!

I wish I had purchased more before they disappeared, especially what I think NOW were two 308 International models, I hesitated because the GOG description was ambiguous and when I figured it out, they were gone :oops: :cry:

El Pistolero

Bearcat
Can anyone tell me about the M77 Gunsight in 6.5 Creedmoor with the digital Camo stock. Its listed as a Davidsons exclusive on Rugers web site. But there is nothing on Davidsons web site? I really would like to buy one like today!

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
My 308 box is marked HM77RS model 37101. Barrel length isn't marked on the end of the box. Mine has the sling swivel on the forend, not on the barrel. Barrel is 20", I think. It is shorter than the 22" barrels in my safe and longer than the RLS with an 18.5", beside it.
Bfly

Latest posts