New 450 Bushmaster Ruger AR15

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
Ruger and I are way out of sync, as they seem to introduce things well after I've bought one. Glad to see them continue their support for the cartridge though.

I have an AR in .450 already, although it is a bit shorter than most (but still longer than Windham's 9" model) with 12" barrel.

XUd7M77.jpg

grobin

Blackhawk
So who's buying?
Well as I'm not married to the AR platform not me!

The 450 makes an OK brush gun out of the AR. But, there are other better options: 45/70, 444, 450 Marlin, and there are many more versatile calibers available including the 7mm. The AR platform is popular, but it's limited and the trend towards M4 pistol styles makes it pretty marginal.

If you must have a AR and get at least a 16.5" barrel it's not a bad choice. Note that Horniest has notably hotter loads than the other manuals.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
grobin said:
So who's buying?
The 450 makes an OK brush gun out of the AR. But, there are other better options: 45/70, 444...

I love the 444 cartridge and just wish it was supported by the industry. The primary reason I like the 450 Bushmaster is because it is similar to the 444. But, like you, I wish it was offered in a semi-auto that was not an AR. A Deerfield in 450 BM would be awesome, but that's not gonna happen.