PCC carbine optics?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jmoser

Bearcat
Just took the plunge and ordered my 9mm PCC carbine. I have a pretty good assortment of spare optics; wondered what folks like on their carbine - standard red dot, holosight, etc ?

Only thing I ruled out is a standard scope.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I have a Vortex Venom reflex-type red dot on mine and it's well matched to the gun. One other change I made was to add a Picatinny rail section that mounts in place of the factory rear sight and lets me mount the red dot there. The dot is very fast to pick up and, since it is mounted on the barrel, there can be no zero change when the gun is taken down for cleaning.

The rail is sold by Taccom and is only $20. Here is the link:https://taccom3g.com/product/ruger-pc-carbine-rear-optic-sight-mount/

BTW, Taccom has several other options and enhancements for the Ruger PC Carbine

jmoser

Bearcat
Thanks for the tip on the rail - I like 'scout' mount dots but plan to leave rear peep in place for iron sight use as well.
My 10/22 takedown has no trouble with return to zero; expect similar with PCC.

I am leaning toward a 30mm UltraDot with QD rings. My Cmore is on a .22 handgun and has a bigger dot than I want for 50-100 yards.

9x19

Hunter
I have a couple 9mm carbines, though they are AR pattern instead of the PCC.

Both of mine have Vortex Spitfire prism type illuminated sights on board. They have red and green illumination or a plain black reticle with the power off.

Good luck.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
jmoser said:
My 10/22 takedown has no trouble with return to zero; expect similar with PCC.
Oh, yeah, my PC Carbine also returned to zero very well after take down and reassembly so that wasn't the reason for the rear sight mounted rail. I just like the forward mount for fast dot pickup.

grobin

Blackhawk
I've a ROMEO5 XDR on one Pc 10mm and plan to get another for my PCC.

walnut777

Bearcat
Ugh! I missed this thread when i was looking to see if anyone was talking about optics on their PCC. I just got mine today and was looking to see if anyone had trs-25 on theirs and if it worked well for them.
Congrats on the PCC!

jmoser

Bearcat
FedEx delivered to my FFL today; I have a 30mm UltraDot ready to mount with standard Weaver rings.
Only need a screwdriver to remove but might upgrade to lever lock Warne QD rings in the future.

In the middle of our pistol league now so it may be a couple weeks before I can give it a good test drive.

I'll probably leave the mag release on left side so its compatible with all my Glock mags. I only have one 33 rd fun stick left but think it is a Gen 3 version. Sold a few with my MechTech CCU but might need to get a couple more of those again with the carbine in hand . . .

btmonnat

Single-Sixer
I just put a vortex strikefire on my mini and love it out to 100 yards. Also have choice of red or green. Been able to shoot both eyes open with it. Matches up good for accuracy of mini capabilities. I also like the ultra dot equally as well, have one on my Browning auto