The new Ruger 77/357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lostatsea

Bearcat
I had one that I purchased about 3-4 years ago. I liked it enough to do some extensive load development, new trigger and stock. I finally sold it because the accuracy was disappointing, even after about a dozen different loads and bullet weights. The only bullet I could get to pattern OK was the expensive Hornady FMJ. I wanted to shoot coated lead but was never able to find a load that worked. I had a lot of trigger time on my rifle and I have a few ideas about why they aren't real accurate. I think the 2 piece bolt may be the main culprit. Also the action screw/stock setup might also be an issue. Ruger stopped production of these for a year or so but I see they're back.

My question. Did they change anything when they brought it back? I might buy a new one if they did. If not, I'm not interested.

chet15

Hawkeye
The rollmark on the left side of the receiver can be with or without the eagle logo.
I have no idea why Ruger made new rollmarks without their eagle logo....since the eagle logo is nowhere else on the metal of the rifle.
Chet15