twin RS international's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dixie cat

Bearcat
1d0JATF.jpg
hear is my twins. the one on the outside is in 243 the inside one I just bought it is 250 sav. and like new condition. I put the same scope on them both, a vintage to the guns Burris 1 3/4x5 USA steel tube. I am headed out the door right with the 250 on the way deer hunting. I had a box of vintage nosler 10gr. bt sp solid base boolits I put together with 3031 they shoot good on paper I will see how they do on a buck,,,,,,,,,,,

rangerbob

Buckeye
dixie cat, you dropped the ball on the identical rifle photo. The power selector rings on the scopes are in different locations. Otherwise, very nice rifles, both tang safety models. Bob!!!!! :mrgreen:

majorKAP

Single-Sixer
I love those early 77 RSI's. My only one is in 7mm-08.

Incidentally, put a magnet to those "steel tube" Burris scopes. I bet you'll find it won't stick.

dixie cat

Bearcat
well "major" you are wrong, I put a magnet on one of them and it dose stick,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

majorKAP

Single-Sixer
Yep, a magnet will be attracted in some areas. Not on the aluminum alloy construction of the tubes, but to steel parts of the internal lens erector assemblies contained within. Very nice contemporaneous rifle and scope combinations you have there.

m657

Buckeye
Inquiry: I had an early RSI in 308 that quickly became my favorite woods rifle. Discovered though the heating of barrel after 3 or 4 shots changed POI way too much for my old eyes. Of course on cooling all was fine, but made me wonder about such in other calibers. Would appreciate some comments if you wouldn't mind.

Ruger77shooter

Bearcat
Just curious, what year did Nosler make the 10 gr. bullets and do you have to use a sabot? :mrgreen:

BTW...I hope one of these will be my next rifle. One of the neatest rifles Ruger has ever made IMO and can't wait to get one. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you know just funnin' a little bit!