Deleted

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I don't have my PPC fully decked out yet, still waiting on my foot injury to heal. I do have the exact same paper towel holder, though. Bob!! :mrgreen:

gunzo

Hunter
Made a PCC uglier? I thought no way. Then while scrolling the screen I caught the top half of the roll of paper towels. I thought, oh no! he's put a toilet paper holder on a rifle. :shock: Then I scrolled further & saw it was just a roll of towels on a table.
Then, the first sight of the grip & thought it was a garage door opener.

Oh well, I do know a guy that has a picatinny rail mounted bottle opener on an AR. 8)

I don't think the PC Carbine or the earlier PC9/40 is ugly at all. Form follows function.

But, all the porcupine doo-dads to lure a guys money are definitely ugly. And I question how such a grip device could benefit the gun or shooter in any way. Pressure applied unequally to one side or another on a long gun, helps how? If a guy is spraying and praying, I suppose accuracy is not of the utmost priority.

Remember P.T. Barnum's famous quote?

22/45 Fan

Hunter
One thing I did notice is that "FIST GRIP" is mounted on a Pic rail section that replaces the PCC's rear sight. I presume the rail is from Taccom and it has a far better use as a mount for the red dot sight.

I have one of the Taccom rails on my PCC and a Vortex Venom installed on it. It assures the gun remains zeroed after the take down barrel is removed and reinstalled and is very fast to pick up the dot for speed shooting events.

gunzo said:
Made a PCC uglier? I thought no way. Then while scrolling the screen I caught the top half of the roll of paper towels. I thought, oh no! he's put a toilet paper holder on a rifle. :shock: Then I scrolled further & saw it was just a roll of towels on a table.
Then, the first sight of the grip & thought it was a garage door opener.

Oh well, I do know a guy that has a picatinny rail mounted bottle opener on an AR. 8)

Ugly maybe...slightly. Functional and accurate? You bet. Will shoot circles around a PC9. I know, have had both. I will take ugly accurate any day.

JMO of course.... :wink:

Dave

Snake45

Hawkeye
blume357 said:
That red dot looks like it might be a TV screen... that is one more big sighting thingamajober....
I think the handle on the side is for flushing....
If it jams, do you jiggle the handle? :lol:

tinman

Buckeye
If these critters get popular I see all manner of doo-dads being "invented" to "make it even better"......sorta like they did for the AR. Nothing like making a 6.5 lb gun that works as intended......into a "better" 13 lb gun....... :roll: :roll:

wunbe

Buckeye
Well, you could get a custom Circassian stock made for it. And add a bayonet stud, flashlight, and cigarette lighter.

wunbe

DGW1949

Hunter
I saw an AR once that had a cell phone holder attached to a rail. I hear-tell that one can purchase a rear view mirror that does the same...I guess to keep watch for anyone trying to sneak up from behind.

What I'm getting at is that if it'll fit the rail of one black rifle, I guess it'll fit the rail on another, eh?...so I guess the sky is the limit when it comes to accessorizing...which I guess must the whole point to buying plastic guns with rails...'cause it sure ain't due to any sort of beauty aspect. :lol: .

But hey, it's often the homeliest women who make the best biscuits.

DGW

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Ugly?? Maybe you haven't seen the 'tatical' lever-action rifle yet.

https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-game-hunting/deer-hunting-with-a-tactical-lever-action-rifle/

That fist grip will made pushing the rifle right chasing targets great. Although if one can hit the moving target any better may still be up for discussion.