Ruger Rings-

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
How can I tell what Ruger rings are with NO markings on the rings? I would like to sell them but I do not want to misrepresent the size. Thanks

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Do you have a picture of them? They are fairly easy to tell the difference between the 3 heights. I'd have to dig out a bunch of stuff from the safe to do any measuring but could later on if that'd help ya out...

JFB

Hunter
for "standard 1" rings
measure the height from where the base touches the rib to the bottom of the scope fit
starting at approx 0.325" they are in 1/8" increaments

#3 low is 0.33"
#4 med is 0.45"
#5 hi is 0.58"

I stole this from a google search. shows that measurements are more of a ball park

RugerRings.jpg

IF you are reasonable, IF they are low gloss blue, I call dibs :wink:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
Please send me your email address and I will send you a photo. I think they are low with the smaller measuring 3.50 and the taller 4.50. I am wondering if the difference is normal or do I have a mixed set.
Thanks
Stumps

Remember, some of Rugers firearms require a mixed set.
For example, the M77 uses two different sizes on the same gun. A front #3 and a rear #4, or a front #4 and a rear #5 and so on.

And here's a more complete list...
https://www.sportoptics.com/product-downloads/Ruger-Scope-Ring-Chart.pdf

wwb

Hunter
Stumps13 said:
Please send me your email address and I will send you a photo. I think they are low with the smaller measuring 3.50 and the taller 4.50. I am wondering if the difference is normal or do I have a mixed set.
Thanks
Stumps

Man, those are some TALL rings

RJ556

Buckeye
They may look tall by themselves, but just remember they clamp directly to the receiver rather than sit on top of a base that is already .2" or higher. RJ

22/45 Fan

Hunter
WAYNO said:
Remember, some of Rugers firearms require a mixed set.
For example, the M77 uses two different sizes on the same gun. A front #3 and a rear #4, or a front #4 and a rear #5 and so on.
Yeah, this really puzzled me when I first bought my Ruger Gunsite Scout which uses the M77 action. I thought Ruger had made a mistake when the two supplied rings were of different heights. In fact I installed them in the wrong order initially and couldn't understand why the scope was tilted up. :)

The owner's manual gives detailed instructions for assembling the rings to a scope and attaching them to the receiver but says absolutely nothing about the ring height difference or which ring height goes where.