Ruger PC9 stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bentblade

Single-Sixer
I know we were all very happy when Ruger brought out the PC9 but is any one else not really happy with the stock, specifically the pistol grip portion?
Maybe it's just me but my hand wants to slide down during firing so that I have to readjust my grip every few rounds. I have early the versions of the PC9 and PC4 and don't have this problem.
I don't know if it is the grip angle, palm swell location or what. I guess I could grip it tighter but I have never found this to be necessary even with heavier recoiling rifles or shotguns.
Just wondering.

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
I don't have the new PCC9 but, like you, I also never had the problem you describe with the original PC9.
If I ever do decide to get one I appreciate the heads up on a possible issue.

BTW...We are not ALL very happy about the new PCC9. I'm sure I drive folks crazy because I keep saying this every chance I get, but until they come out with a mag well for their own P89/original PC9 mags I won't be at all happy.
I just find it interesting that Ruger's own advertising touts the the new PCC as supporting "common Ruger®" magazines. I guess they don't consider their own P series "common" enough.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
teuthis said:
I have no issues with the stock personally. I like the way it grips and feels.

I'm sure Ruger spent a lot of money on research prior to deciding on the final design and it may just be me. Don't get me wrong it's a great little gun and I have no plans to get rid of it, I just wish it was stocked more like the 10-22s or earlier PC carbines.

bentblade

Single-Sixer
rugerguy211 said:
I don't have the new PCC9 but, like you, I also never had the problem you describe with the original PC9.
If I ever do decide to get one I appreciate the heads up on a possible issue.

BTW...We are not ALL very happy about the new PCC9. I'm sure I drive folks crazy because I keep saying this every chance I get, but until they come out with a mag well for their own P89/original PC9 mags I won't be at all happy.
I just find it interesting that Ruger's own advertising touts the the new PCC as supporting "common Ruger®" magazines. I guess they don't consider their own P series "common" enough.

Have you ever compared the two magazines? They may have the same mag body but have the mag retention notch in a different place. I used to modify AR15 mags to fit AR180s because the notch was in a different place and I have a Walther G22 which will take the Walther P22 mags if you trim the base plate. My new PC9 did not come with mags because they are high cap, so they discounted the price. I planed use Glock mags anyway.