RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:36 pm 
Bearcat

My step dad was a big fan of the 375 Winchester cartridge. Before he passed away, he gave me his 94 Big Bore and my brother got the #3.
Just wondering the years of production and approximate number made. Never seen another No. 3 in this caliber.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:01 pm 
Hunter

I’m kinda surprised no replies, so I will stab at it.
My limited notes state years of production for the .375 Win. were 1979-83.
Actual production #’s are not known other than it has been noted the 375 Win is assumed the second lowest production #’s after the 44M, (81-86) which is estimated in the 200-300 range.
The #3 in 375Win. noted to be accurate.
Total production of the #3 is est. 30,000-40,000, 1973-1986

Let’s see if any others have some more info to add,,, bump it up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:01 pm 
Newly Registered

I purchased one in 1981 for the sum of 169.95, the gun shop was closing them out and had 2 at that price. I was a fledgling apprentice at the time and was layed off so I sold a Ruger Super Blackhawk to my Dad even up. I had to have that rifle. Why, not because I could tell the future but because I needed a Wisconsin Northwoods brush buster!
The only bullet I ever shot out of it was the Hornandy 220 FP, until recently I started shooting cast and utilizing 38/55 brass. For many years it wore a redfield wideview 2 1/2X fixed until recently it was sold and replaced with a Leupold 2.5.
Accurate, You Bet, I would paint milk jugs orange and put them out on a fenceline at about 125yds and hit them with regularity. I like not only the gun but the cartridge as well. So much so I have acquired a big bore 94 and Marlins Model 375.
I apoligize on not giving any more historical value here, but that particular gun sure does take me back, 1st Black bear fell to that rifle and never kept track of the Whitetails, but a few. Thanks for reading,
Crash87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:21 am 
Bearcat

Thanks for the replies. It's a heck of a cartridge that has a cult following but, could never make it big.